Tuesday, May 24, 2005

100 Things Bout Me

Some time ago a project was started where people wrote a 100 things about themselves on their blogs. Well i missed the project but i quite liked the idea. Imagine first people take the pain to think about a 100 things to write about themselves and then they expect others to read that too. People came up with really nice things about themselves. Couple of em i remember vividly are "I have a mole on my bottom right cheek"..NOW, this guy must be deep in geometry to be explaining his right hip like the first quadrant of a graph..and of course that is some really useful piece of information about him. ANother one read "This is one point just to fill the list"...sure reminded me how i used to fill reams of sheets during my school exams.Well, i wanted to see how many things i could come up with and so i started making my own 100 list. After prolonged torture inflicted on my tiny brain, it came up with this...

  1. i hate hypocrites
  2. i am a bathroom singer (or shall i say "performer" as many singers like to call themselves these days…wonder what that would mean)
  3. i have tons of perseverance but very little patience
  4. i hate people with the HOLIER THAN THOU thing going on
  5. I am proud to be an Indian
  6. i can be poisonously sarcastic if i am mean.
  7. i am not mean.
  8. i find it difficult to answer when people ask where i am from – was born in Rajasthan, am a Punjabi who has grown up all over north india, now living in Hyderabad (south India for any northee).
  9. I think any occassion is a call for a couple of beers.
  10. i am an aquarian cusp.
  11. i dig indian food.
  12. i hate observing all kinds of days be it mothers' day, fathers' day or any damn kinda day for that matter. (is there a mens day???)
  13. i hate girls who act dumb...many of them dont do it by choice though
  14. i make the mistake of getting emotionally attached to my work..again and again.
  15. i hate it if i get a middle seat in a looong flight. ( i am 6'2"...see what i am saying!)
  16. i value my privacy too much and guard it fiercely.
  17. i love it when i get snail mail from someone.
  18. i enjoy sleeping in the library...its so peaceful
  19. i am prepared to accept sponsorship to be a world traveller.
  20. i am attracted to girls who have grace, are beautiful..but most importantly...are funny.
  21. i can be very intimidating for people who dont know me closely.
  22. i am a fan of F.R.I.E.N.D.S
  23. i have two left feet when it comes to dancing.
  24. it is sometimes very easy to annoy me, some people do it by merely existing.
  25. although i come across as fairly guarded, i ll likely answer any direct questions.
  26. i love gadgets..but not to the point of obsession.
  27. i hate people who make promises but dont bother to keep them
  28. i love sunsets and sunrises
  29. i am a nightbird..sometimes an insomniac too.
  30. i have resolved not to comment on religion and politics in public.
  31. i am a very difficult person to embarass
  32. i would love to join some secret society (especially after the whole THE DA VINCI CODE thing)
  33. i love to laugh..and enjoy the company of ppl who can make me.
  34. some things i have wanted to be at different points of time in my life ...a singer, a scientist, a philosopher, an actor, a restaurant owner, a gym owner, a radio program host...the rest are kinda racy ;-)
  35. i shut down my tv after i wake up...ya ya i have had enuff of those save electricity lectures...so shut up already
  36. have travelled to US, UK, Austria, France and Indonesia...Australia/New Zealand are next on my list.
  37. i am in the IT industry ..... I HATE PROGRAMMING
  38. i hate managers who dont realise they have the power / responsibility to shape the careers of their Direct reports.
  39. good looking female = sexy. good looking modest female = sexier. good looking modest female with brains = even sexier. good looking modest female with brains who cooks well = never heard of one.
  40. i love the beach
  41. my worst enemy ...my brain.
  42. my imagination works much much more than i do.
  43. it ll take a real assload of alcohol to get me to blurt out what you cant get me to say otherwise..alcohol is wasted on me.
  44. i will try almost anything once.
  45. i hate bosses who are slave drivers...the ones i am talking about would know who i am talking about if they read this.
  46. i have been at the verge of saying F@^K IT ALL and walking out of my job couple of times, but worse sense has prevailed in the end so far.
  47. it ll probably take a few hundred years for me to accept that i cannot do everything i want.
  48. you are still reading this??...you need to get a life pal!!
  49. i think Nancy Friday needs to get a grip...apart from whatever other toys she might be having.
  50. i think employing girls (or for that matter boys if that has happened anywhere) just to dress up the sex ratio suxxx.
  51. i am a diehard optimist inside
  52. it still amazes me how many ppl per sq.km can have the name Srinivas in Hyderabad.
  53. i hate it that Delhi is the Rape Capital of India today.
  54. Being in Hyderabad, i hate to miss all the action happening in Delhi ... so you see what i mean ;-)
  55. i am not a narcissist, though i am expecting ppl to read 100 things about me.
  56. i hate to have lied about my marital status to be able to rent a house in Hyderabad.
  57. Contrary to what many Hyderabadis might believe...bachelors DO need a decent place to live too!!
  58. i love to think i love cooking. My speciality dish is my Special Instant Noodles!..anyone who has had the patience of reading this far without pulling your hair out is welcome for a treat.
  59. i think my 10 yr old nephew is much smarter than i am…he agrees
  60. i hate SHOW OFFs
  61. i was early till college..always couple of years younger than my classmates..then i hit a truck and everything changed.
  62. i tend to nitpick while watching TV serials/movies..like how the glass moved from empty to full after just a closeup of the actor's face
  63. i hate the saas-bahu soaps
  64. i love standup comedy
  65. if being a smartass was a paying career, i wud be filthy rich
  66. i love my parents and would die for them.
  67. i think more ppl are in love with the idea of being in love than there are those actually in love
  68. the first rupee i earned on my own was at age 15. i tutored few kids just so i could show my parents i didnt need them.
  69. i did my first job (no one believes i taught 'logic') while in second year of grad.
  70. i started my first business at 24 (while pursuing masters in computer appl)..ran it for a profit and sold it off at 25.
  71. I changed 14 schools doing 12 grades. NO! I didn’t flunk and was made to leave…we just kept moving.
  72. i tried my hand at chemistry in college, quit for a bachelors in management, did half MBA, dropped out and did masters in computers. am thinking about MBA again!!
  73. i think you are thinking i dont know what i want to do in life.
  74. i think you might be rite.
  75. I dream of having my own business someday.
  76. i have often contemplated becoming a ‘sadhu’ someday (of course i would have to bend the rules about money and girls!)
  77. i have been backstabbed real bad few times...i still trust people.
  78. i believe in Karma.
  79. i have been a national level player (anyone heard of Handball!?...no not that one you pervs…there IS a game by that name)
  80. i dont follow sports anymore. The cricket matchfixing thing broke my heart
  81. i am learning to play table tennis. Mr. Neel, i ll beat you 5-0 in a best of 5 one day.
  82. my last wish would be to be able to come back and haunt the people who pissed me off when i was alive.
  83. i love kids, as long as they are a few feet away ....and are somebody else's
  84. some people dont agree with me because i like calling a spade a spade...they can kiss my ass.
  85. My favorite quote.. “No that is NOT a pencil in my pocket…..would you STOP staring!!??.. Please”
  86. I think Austria is the most beautiful place on earth.
  87. I have started learning French, Spanish and German at different times and never built a decent level in any.
  88. I am going to learn all three of em some day.
  89. I HATE stupid questions
  90. I hate men who make all that AAAAAAAAAH...AAAAAAAAAAH groans while taking a leak in the mens room. Kinda makes me feel deprived of whatever pleasure they might be deriving out of the whole exercise.
  91. I am a workaholic
  92. I think INDIA ROCKS! ..the very fact that it has so many cultures all living harmoniously (well…almost) is amazing.
  93. I f*#@# ing hate lies
  94. I actually enjoy public speaking…I know I know it’s a weird thing.
  95. My fav position is do$$y ishtyle
  96. I think having an ego is very important. That’s the thing which makes you wanna beat yourself at everything you do. (pervs please don’t race your mind)
  97. If I have a short fuse with you..i consider you close to me
  98. Me angry = things flying around
  99. I suck at remembering birthdays and anniversaries.
  100. I can do anything for friends. I am known to have done some really suicidal things.

12 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, July 15, 2005, Blogger Sayesha said...

I absolutely LOVE this list.

 
At 11:24 PM, July 15, 2005, Blogger R said...

THanx Sayesha.

 
At 12:57 AM, July 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call me jobless but i actually got through that list.... Remind me to ask for details on some of them.

 
At 4:43 AM, October 12, 2005, Blogger Thanu said...

good looking modest female with brains who cooks well = never heard of one.

I guess u have never met me...

 
At 10:49 AM, December 12, 2005, Blogger R said...

Anu: thx girl. i will :)

Thanu: hahaha...so much for modesty ;)

 
At 3:16 AM, June 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is my bowl of instant noodles ? =)

 
At 10:06 PM, June 21, 2006, Blogger R said...

Hey Anonymous...identify yourself :). and the bowl shall be yours!!

 
At 1:56 AM, June 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm....what's the guarantee that if i identify myself, i will get my share of noodles ?

 
At 11:06 AM, June 22, 2006, Blogger R said...

:). Well there are no guarantees in life! THere are chances you gotta take.

 
At 7:28 PM, August 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

>>i enjoy sleeping in the library...its so peaceful

ha ha ha

 
At 7:45 PM, August 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

>>it still amazes me how many ppl per sq.km can have the name Srinivas in Hyderabad.

Hmm..Small correction. Not Hyderabad. It is Andhra Pradesh :)

 
At 7:48 PM, August 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

>>good looking female = sexy. good looking modest female = sexier. good looking modest female with brains = even sexier. good looking modest female with brains who cooks well = never heard of one.

Even me Ramneek..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home